Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ‘11 Versa hatchback and the center brake light at the top of the hatch burned out and I was wondering how to go about changing the bulb in it cause I’ve looked online for tutorials on it and I’ve seen instructions for bulb replacement on sedan version or replacing the whole thing itself on a hatchback like mine but can’t find any for just the bulb replacement

·
Registered
148 Posts
you mean the high mounted lamp?

it's LED based and it seems that the led element cannot be serviced so you need to replace it as a whole.
It needs to be sealed to prevent leaks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If that’s the case is there a certain type of sealant that works best for it or is the assembly a peel and stick kinda thing(even if it’s a used part) or???
And where can I find a replacement besides eBay? Cause I’ve checked local part stores and several places online but all they have are the bulbs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Auto wrecker or dealer.
What kind of sealant would work best? Is there a certain brand or would it have to have certain properties to it (besides being waterproof) or certain ingredients or????

Just asking so I know what to look for

also if it’s a specialty kind..where exactly would I be able to get it?

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Factory Service Manual doesn't give any specifics. Just says properly seal to prevent water leaks.
Another section mentions Permatex Ultra Grey RTV, but I believe that is more for the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts