Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was rotating my tires when I suddenly noticed that IMHO the steel wheels potentially looked better than the flying saucer wheel covers. But then that got me thinking if there were any center wheel caps available for the Versa's steel wheels to cover the wheel bearing spindles. I scoured the intertubes looking at all possible solutions of spinner towers or pass thru center caps. But most everything out there are for aftermarket steel wheels or cars with 5 lugs like a Crown Vic. But alas some research on prior models of Nissan vehicles I found that base model Nissan Sentra's from 89-99 came with a simple center cap. And lo and behold the bolt pattern is 4x100 which is the same size as the 2012 Versa sedan. Then, lucky me finds some dude on Ebay who just so happens to have 4 brand new center caps still in the original Nissan OEM parts box. I still need to sand, prime, and paint the wheels or maybe just try plasti-dipping them. But I think they do a good job of hiding the wheel bearing and maybe even get me a few points for originality.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Hefty,

Can you provide the part number for those center wheel caps? The picture allows to see only a part of it. Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Slick, the part he had was 40343-50Y10. Nissan also had other 40343-suffix hub caps, similar to those, for info, if needed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Spiffy.

I prefer to run bare wheels too. Safety issue say changing a tire on side of freeway, it speeds things up. I pretty much don't value cars for beauty anyway, they are simply to get you from point A to point B and junk if they can't do that regardless of how good they look.

Every car I got has bare wheels. Nobody tries to steal them either. Yay. That's saying something where I come from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sorry, SlickVersa. I must have totally missed the notification of a reply or just didn't get it for some reason. Yeah, car guy had the right part # above. 40343-50Y10

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
SlickVersa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing