Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a question about the versa s 2009 stereo. I bought off ebay the 6 CD changer to replace my 1 CD changer but i found out that on the 6 CD changer radio there is one more plug then on the one i have now so i wonder are the 2 of them compatible ? Do I have to get special wires or something ?

Thanks a lot guys !

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Plug n play. The other one i think is for sreering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
there are plenty members here that have upgraded from basic radio to the 6disc and no one had any issues. I really need a radio with ipod or aux hookup :(. I don't want spend more then $75 though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
there are plenty members here that have upgraded from basic radio to the 6disc and no one had any issues. I really need a radio with ipod or aux hookup :(. I don't want spend more then $75 though.
Me too, I have a 4G MP3 player but no iplug to use it. ebay is selling the SL radio for 200.00 and I don't want to buy an aftermarket cdplayer because they're so skinny and my factory radio is so big.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Me too, I have a 4G MP3 player but no iplug to use it. ebay is selling the SL radio for 200.00 and I don't want to buy an aftermarket cdplayer because they're so skinny and my factory radio is so big.
Search for cube radio. They have ones that are ipod ready and the nissan ipod wire is cheap. I don't know for sure they work in the V but I bet it will. Plus cube radios seem much cheaper then V's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Versa to Cube radio?

Since this post, has anyone tried the Cube/Versa radio swap?

I have a 2007 S with the base radio, and would very much like to plug in an iPod.

(as a follow-up, I have found a couple of eBay shots of the rear of the Cube and Versa head units, and there are four connectors on the SL head unit. The Cube unit has only two connectors, identical in placement and shape to two of the Versa SL's connectors (as best as I can see).

Are the other two plugs for the iPod/Sirius adapters and steering wheel controls? (And while I'm at it, can the steering wheel controls be added in?)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Since this post, has anyone tried the Cube/Versa radio swap?

I have a 2007 S with the base radio, and would very much like to plug in an iPod.

(as a follow-up, I have found a couple of eBay shots of the rear of the Cube and Versa head units, and there are four connectors on the SL head unit. The Cube unit has only two connectors, identical in placement and shape to two of the Versa SL's connectors (as best as I can see).

Are the other two plugs for the iPod/Sirius adapters and steering wheel controls? (And while I'm at it, can the steering wheel controls be added in?)
Well I have the versa s radio and SL radio. The S only has 3 plugs and the SL has 4. All you need is the main harness plug and the antenna plug. As far as i know the ipod/sirius package requires the convenience package on SL in order to work, so I believe ther are special plugs in SL conv. that we dont have. Steering wheel controls im not sure of, but im trying to figure that one out. I dont know if the steering wheel connects directly to the radio, or the steering wheel goes to the bluetooth box (if there is one) and then to the radio, or does the radio have everything built in?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a question related to the speakers

it sounds like you can slide in a SL Headunit in
But doesn't the SL have a 6 speeker set up? and does that matter
And does anyone know where I can get one for cheep, and how Hard is it to get the Stock Single CD out and the 6CD in?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have a question related to the speakers

it sounds like you can slide in a SL Headunit in
But doesn't the SL have a 6 speeker set up? and does that matter
And does anyone know where I can get one for cheep, and how Hard is it to get the Stock Single CD out and the 6CD in?
Yes you can. Yes it does have a six speaker setup. But there is only 8 wires anyways. My guess is Nissan used something like an inline crossover to make 6 speakers, cause that's what I used and I had a 4-speaker setup and now I have 6. It is very easy to remove the cd player. Ill try to make a how to with pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes you can. Yes it does have a six speaker setup. But there is only 8 wires anyways. My guess is Nissan used something like an inline crossover to make 6 speakers, cause that's what I used and I had a 4-speaker setup and now I have 6. It is very easy to remove the cd player. Ill try to make a how to with pics.
That would be awesome

being a Pizza deliver driver, and spending about 2/3 of my clock in time Inside my car makes it really easy to listen to a 70min Music Cd several times over

I want to get the 6Disk Changer, but I didn't want any complications with the speakers neither

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That would be awesome

being a Pizza deliver driver, and spending about 2/3 of my clock in time Inside my car makes it really easy to listen to a 70min Music Cd several times over

I want to get the 6Disk Changer, but I didn't want any complications with the speakers neither
If you can get a good price, it's worth it. The SL radio has a little more power, and makes those stock S speakers sound even better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.