Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering on how exactly to do that, I own a 2015 versa 1.6s manual transmission and I was looking into changing the knob and was curious on the process of going about that and what kind of knobs would be best.

I was able to pull the stock knob off, but I took off the entire knob including where the O-ring for the boot would sit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the manual shift knob i would recommend is one that has a bit more weight to it. This makes the shift feel smoother. for the shift boot, you can get adapters with a flare on the end. most will be a screw on that will have a smaller hole. in order to make it fit, just drill out the center with a drill bit and to install wrap the lever where you want the boot adapter to sit. Electrical tape works the best. Wrap it thick enough so the adapter will slide on and stay in place.

make sure to test fit the shift knob before installing the boot so you will have the correct amount of room for the knob.

for the shift knob i used a universal 8ball and the "adapter" i used was just some rubber hose that fit over the lever. to fit in the knob itself i just shaved off the sides in till it fit into the knob.the manual shift knob i would recommend is one that has a bit more weight to it. This makes the shift feel smoother. for the shift boot, you can get adapters with a flare on the end. most will be a screw on that will have a smaller hole. in order to make it fit, just drill out the center with a drill bit and to install wrap the lever where you want the boot adapter to sit. Electrical tape works the best. Wrap it thick enough so the adapter will slide on and stay in place.

make sure to test fit the shift knob before installing the boot so you will have the correct amount of room for the knob.

for the shift knob i used a universal 8ball and the "adapter" i used was just some rubber hose that fit over the lever. to fit in the knob itself i just shaved the hose until it fit in the knob

hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts