Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Nissan Versa sedan and I got a question about changing the CVT fluid. According to the maintenance schedule, the CVT fluid is supposed to be changed every 60K miles under severe service conditions (thanks to Florida’s hot summers). I went to my dealer today (8/5/22) for my required oil change and brake fluid exchange and when I went to pick up my car the service advisor told me that I should plan on doing a CVT fluid change at 30K rather than at the 60K for severe service as stated in the maintenance schedule.

Should I plan on doing the CVT fluid change at 30K? Or at 60K as called for in the maintenance schedule? To me, I think a CVT fluid change at 30K is too premature when the maintenance schedule calls for the CVT fluid to be changed at 60K in severe service.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I agree with you!! If your maintenance schedule says 60k, that's when you should have it done. Make sure that when you do have it done, you keep the dealer paperwork in a safe place in case you may have to have any warranty work done. My 2012 versa sedan CVT started failing at just around 35,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. Nissan has had issues with this tranny for a long time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts