Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just trying to get some of your suggestions on what are some inexpensive improvements that have some significant impact on the look or performance of the Versa. Also I would like to add I am a broke college student so lets try and keep the suggestions under a 100 dollars.

So far I got:

Painting Calipers
Tinting Brake lights
Non OEM LED lighting
Non OEM Fog lights

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
While you are painting and tinting, try painting badges, or de-badging altogether.
What kind of guitars do you have? Here's my baby, Schecter six string bass

Sorry a little off topic, but i had to ask the guitarman!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol no problem I actually have a Fender Strat and an Ovation Acoustic. And Yea I have been thinking about painting the badges actually, probably doing a black with blue lettering(considering my car is dark blue). Whats the best kind of paint to use for that, I have a feeling the finger paint stuff won't cut it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Strat nice! I rented a MIM Tely, and would looooove another one someday, or a honeyburst Epi LP.
I painted my front badge with Flat Black I found in the garage, with no surface prep, last year. Has one small chip/flake off right now. Matching blue sounds awesome, esp w matching calipers and drums imo. Easy to redo if desired, but i recommend go with fine grit surface prep!
Changing lights to LEDs sounds pretty easy, but I don't know costs. Mod away! 08v

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I've tinted my windows, painted my emblems, got SL alloys, and OEM mudflaps...fogs are next.

IMO biggest improvement looks wise was the window tint and wheels. :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
under 100.00 dollars.... Oil change...change the oil on time, it will keep the car running better and longer.

Tinting the Windows was the cheapest modification and worth every penny.
Got mine done for 170.00 with the strip and 35%
and the reason why I got mine 35%... Government but they're pretty dark at night

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you don't already have HIDs you can get some off of CARiD.com, they go for like 100 bucks plus 25 if you want it bi. I got them on mine and so far they look great. Dependinon if you got steelies or alloys you can take off the hub caps, makes a hell of a diffrence.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
^^^ I agree about the hubcaps...I wish I still had my steelies, I'd like 15s though.

Wow, your tint was $170? And cheapest midification? Mine was $90, 5% and lifetime warranty.
Wow, 90? Expect to go back periodically. 90 bucks gets you the cheapest tint they have which fades with in the first year I've been told. Or you might of just gotten a hell of a good deal, in which case kudos. :thumb2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for pointing me to the Universal Lightning Eye Headlights.

Do you think installing them would void warranty? I doubt it, but I've never done anything like this, so I just wanted to check. Assume they would be easier to uninstall/wouldn't take off any paint if you wanted to take them off?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did pretty standard blue color I didnt realize it was as light though so I might repaint it to something darker to match the car better since its dark blue. The Stillen CAI Im getting is blue as well so I figured it would match.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.