Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and bought a Versa.

2013 versa sedan

I'm looking here - Total Cost to Own - 2013 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4A - Yahoo Autos and it says that insurance for the thing usually runs over $1000/year.

I'm looking for insurance for it today (Just bought yesterday) and I'm trying to save as much money possible

what is your suggestion for finding the cheapest insurance?

i won't be driving it much (it's not for commuting), so I think I can get away with minimum coverage

what are the best sites to compare quotes? what's the best insurance company to use for Nissan's?

all input appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had Geico insurance ever since I bought my 2010 Nissan Versa HB. About $38 per month with collision and comprehension $500 deductible included. Might say no to rental car reimbursement and medical if you already have medical insurance. Saves a lot of money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Before you said that, I already made up my mind to use GEICO.. the review I read about them here kinda sealed the deal - Money in the Garage: Geico Insurance, Nissan Versa and yard sales..perfect together!

Anyways, I was getting quotes from different services all day. Here's my quotes (per month):

Amica - $107/month
Liberty Mutual - $104/month
All State - $99/month
GEICO - $96/month
Progressive - $105/month
State Farm - $97/month
eSurance - $101/month

As you can see, there's not much variation, apart from GEICO being the obvious cheapest "reputable" company to use.

I say that they are the cheapest reputable company because I got an insanely cheap quote from a shady company at Compare Auto Insurance Quotes - 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com (401) 580-7272 .. they said they can insure me at $76/month. Being $20 less per month than every other company, I decided to steer clear of them. They seem, well, too good to be true.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna go with GEICO...

I might even try dropping collision and comprehensive coverage to get a cheaper rate. Rental reimbursement and medical are a definite no-go for me. Where I live, no-fault insurance and uninsured motorist insurance is also required by law, so that'll definitely push my rates up somewhat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You live in NYC so insurance is much more expensive than rural Ohio. Anyway, Geico has claim centers and you can get your car fixed at any repair shop. Make sure to get OEM parts with any accident quote.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I use geico. I pay about $55 month minimum full coverage here in CT. I also raised my deductible to $1000 to get my payment lower. While most people like a low deductible if you have $500 to tuck away in an account just in case something happens you can save yourself on your monthly insurance payment and it works out the same.

I think in a couple of months when my car is paid off I might just go down to liability. I am doubting my insurance company will give me hardly anything if my car was ever totaled. I think I'd rather just pocket the money savings every month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.