Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and bought a Versa.

2013 versa sedan

I'm looking here - Total Cost to Own - 2013 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4A - Yahoo Autos and it says that insurance for the thing usually runs over $1000/year.

I'm looking for insurance for it today (Just bought yesterday) and I'm trying to save as much money possible

what is your suggestion for finding the cheapest insurance?

i won't be driving it much (it's not for commuting), so I think I can get away with minimum coverage

what are the best sites to compare quotes? what's the best insurance company to use for Nissan's?

all input appreciated.

· Registered
143 Posts
I've had Geico insurance ever since I bought my 2010 Nissan Versa HB. About $38 per month with collision and comprehension $500 deductible included. Might say no to rental car reimbursement and medical if you already have medical insurance. Saves a lot of money.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Before you said that, I already made up my mind to use GEICO.. the review I read about them here kinda sealed the deal - Money in the Garage: Geico Insurance, Nissan Versa and yard sales..perfect together!

Anyways, I was getting quotes from different services all day. Here's my quotes (per month):

Amica - $107/month
Liberty Mutual - $104/month
All State - $99/month
GEICO - $96/month
Progressive - $105/month
State Farm - $97/month
eSurance - $101/month

As you can see, there's not much variation, apart from GEICO being the obvious cheapest "reputable" company to use.

I say that they are the cheapest reputable company because I got an insanely cheap quote from a shady company at Compare Auto Insurance Quotes - 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com (401) 580-7272 .. they said they can insure me at $76/month. Being $20 less per month than every other company, I decided to steer clear of them. They seem, well, too good to be true.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna go with GEICO...

I might even try dropping collision and comprehensive coverage to get a cheaper rate. Rental reimbursement and medical are a definite no-go for me. Where I live, no-fault insurance and uninsured motorist insurance is also required by law, so that'll definitely push my rates up somewhat.

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I use geico. I pay about $55 month minimum full coverage here in CT. I also raised my deductible to $1000 to get my payment lower. While most people like a low deductible if you have $500 to tuck away in an account just in case something happens you can save yourself on your monthly insurance payment and it works out the same.

I think in a couple of months when my car is paid off I might just go down to liability. I am doubting my insurance company will give me hardly anything if my car was ever totaled. I think I'd rather just pocket the money savings every month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.