Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only want to know if anybody else has had a problem with the check engine light? I've had this thing for 6 weeks and this is the second thing that I've had to take it in for service. I'm getting a little frustrated.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
sorry for your misfortune. Any problems that come up please post up the symptoms, problem and fix so that the next person it happens too knows what they are in for.

There was a way to check the codes yourself on the older versa's. I don't know if it works for the 2012 sedans though. If that is infact what you have.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
not on my versa but i did on my sentra. was usually evap system or fuel too rich. not common problem on versa. didn't throw a code either when my fuel pressure regulator went. we would be curious to know what the cel code/problem is! hope it gets resolved painlessly!

·
Banned
342 Posts
Its just emissions system. Ensure when gassing up you seal the cap tight, or the light will trip. A solid CEL is no worry, just an evap system issue. Now if it is flashing it is serious. Call tow truck to avoid engine damage on a flashing CEL

·
Registered
993 Posts
Its just emissions system. Ensure when gassing up you seal the cap tight, or the light will trip. A solid CEL is no worry, just an evap system issue. Now if it is flashing it is serious. Call tow truck to avoid engine damage on a flashing CEL
Is it really that touchy

·
Banned
342 Posts
No more than other vehicles. However Nissan has quality issues with gas caps and canister vent valves. I had both done under 10k km on mine, and i work in a dealership. Trust me we do a lot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dropped the car off a couple days ago and they still don't know what is wrong with it. I would have thought that they would have been able to diagnose the problem by now. I'll let you know what they find. Hopefully it isn't anything too big. May as well get the oil changed while it's in the shop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out what the problem is today. It looks like when they changed my ECU they programed it wrong. They have to get the right codes from Nissan tomorrow. That's one of the downfalls of living in Hawaii. You have to wait until the next day for anything that you figure out after 10 in the morning. I hope this fixes the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.