Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day I noticed I was leaking fluid. Further inspection revealed that a transmission oil cooler hose was spewing fluid profusely. I've taken care of the hose however now the car is devoid of CVT fluid. I ordered the required Nissan CVT fluid from Amazon and thought that it would be a simple matter of refilling the fluid through the transmission oil dipstick... which doesn't seem to exist. Apparently older models had one but mine doesn't? I'm trying to avoid having to take it to a dealer as I simply cannot afford their fees right now. Please tell me there's another option because right now it's looking like I'm going to have to find a new job within bicycling distance from my house.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The other day I noticed I was leaking fluid. Further inspection revealed that a transmission oil cooler hose was spewing fluid profusely. I've taken care of the hose however now the car is devoid of CVT fluid. I ordered the required Nissan CVT fluid from Amazon and thought that it would be a simple matter of refilling the fluid through the transmission oil dipstick... which doesn't seem to exist. Apparently older models had one but mine doesn't? I'm trying to avoid having to take it to a dealer as I simply cannot afford their fees right now. Please tell me there's another option because right now it's looking like I'm going to have to find a new job within bicycling distance from my house.
I have a 2012 Versa sedan with a cvt transmission that was just replaced under warranty by Nissan. Car has under 20,000 miles on it, and I drive fairly conservatively. My check engine light came on and when I was stopped at a light, the car would buck a little about every 10-15 seconds. Took it to the dealer, and the tech came back with a a "control valve" failure, and when they called Nissan for authorization to do the repair, Nissan told them to forget about repairing the old tranny, and authorized the dealer to put in an entire transmission under warranty. From what I can gather in doing a search regarding your issue, it appears that you may have to bring to the dealership to insure that the proper amount of fluid is put in. Below is a link that may give you some idea of the complexity of the job. Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts