Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cool, there's more than a few now lol. Hope you're enjoying the forum so far.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Including Neco's lol

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Figured lol. That's great. Did you have a chance to go to the DW BBQ? I didn't just want to know how it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll totally come out if i can. I always love shows. It's nice to see a side of these versas I would have never thought to look for. I mean, i saw potential in sentras when I almost bought an 07 se-r spec v before getting the versa(insurance -_-), but never thought anyone modded versas like this.

Edit - maybe if i enjoy the show, I can have the cougar ready for 2015.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might get me out to some meet depending on where its at. I'm in the NW burbs. If it's that Aug show I may be tempted to show the Rabbit, though I've never shown that car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats really old school, last I heard theres one on I55 but its been so long I really dont know.
lol, no worries man. used to live in illinois for about 5 years back in the early 2000's so i'm still kinda familiar with some of the areas and businesses and actually have been up to the schaumburg and chicago areas quite a bit when i was there. lived in between peoria and bloomington while i was there in a little town called LeRoy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You might get me out to some meet depending on where its at. I'm in the NW burbs. If it's that Aug show I may be tempted to show the Rabbit, though I've never shown that car.
Send me some pics of the ride so I can show my guys, maybe we can get you to roll with us. Going to shows alone kinda sucks

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can see a few pictures of it in my "garage" on this site. ugly but functional. My feeling is a car doesn't need to be pretty to go like stink, and that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Much of the apparent shoddiness is intentional, or at least I made no attempt to hide imperfections or rough craftsmanship; the money is in the engine, not the polish. It's structurally sound, and will be mechanically sound in about a week if everything stays on track.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Cool Rabbit, that interior dash wiring looks like a nightmare tho lol. Love the engine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks!
you have no idea... I have a better one (worse?) but I couldn't find it. It's a lot cleaner and more buttoned up now, with the standalone management. Excited to get her back on the road after a 10 month hiatus due to an engine rebuild, twins being born, and winter.

Before I started that project, the most automotive work I had done was replace a tire and change a radiator. I had NO fabrication experience, NO wiring experience, and a very limited tool collection... I look back at that time and wonder what the hell I was thinking... then I remember my buddy saying "go for it"...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The simplest of pleasures sometimes comes from self satisfaction.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts