Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole stuff from my car a while back and ever since then my cigarette lighter has been funky. I suspect they ripped my chargers out aggressively and messed something up. I have a charger that seems to work fine in it but my USB dongle doesn't work at all just sitting... unless I hold it forward and then it seems to work a little off and on.

Has anyone had to do any work on their lighter? I don't know if it's something just bent and shorting or if it's something that will need to be replaced completely.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Although its most likely damage from the theft, look into the cigarette lighter and take a close look at the round metal piece in the bottom. Mine has an intermittent connection and it was caused by using a cheap USB charger that made both the charger and that round metal piece rust. I need to take a dremel with a soft wheel and see if its just buildup or if its actually in the metal.

Other than that, youll have to take it out and see if there is a loose connection or if the wires are bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts