Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some 2" lowering springs in my 09 Versa and there is now a clanking noise when i go over a bump on the front right hand side of the car. my buddy that helped me install the springs has the same problem on his Forte but his clanks on all the wheels pretty much. he was saying that give it a cople weeks to let everything settle and see.

is that true or is there something else that needs to be done?

all my other wheels don't make any noise at all when going over bumps in the road

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's true, and it might take more than a couple weeks. I have never installed springs, but I have heard of this and know that springs do have to settle. I also just got my TEIN springs in, having another member on the forums help me with install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i hope it's just a couple weeks lol. every time i hit a little bump i cringe at the sound and think the whole strut will fall off

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i should also say that my stock ones did it every now and then as well

·
Registered
302 Posts
It'll take a few days maybe even a week. The noise will stop and the car will continue to steadily drop.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Mine have never made noise after doing suspension on several cars. What kind of bumps are you going over: speed bumps, dips in the road, are you feeling the car bottom out?

Are the springs installed right side up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine have never made noise after doing suspension on several cars. What kind of bumps are you going over: speed bumps, dips in the road, are you feeling the car bottom out?

Are the springs installed right side up?
yeah the springs would only match up one way with the bushings. it's all of the above, the dips in the road and speed bumps. i don't feel the car bottom out at all. it's only the one side that is making the clanking noise, all the others creak but that's expected till the springs settle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.