Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Versa that I got last year. Finish looked great when I bought it. Since I've owned it my car has been washed and waxed frequently. Every 2 or 3 months I take a clay bar and do a complete once over. I used to believe that all the white marks (especially on the roof) were from hard water stains or left over from dew. To my surprise I washed and did a wax as you dry treatment the white spots still came up. I took my finger nail and could feel a difference in the depth of the clear coat. I also noticed the other week that there was a bubble in the clear coat now 3 weeks later it is about the size of a half dollar and peeling. How can my paint go from great to krap so quickly? I love my Rockey but don't have the money for a full pain job. :crying:

Goofy

·
Registered
690 Posts
Likely sap damage... sap RUINS paint no matter what. The faster it's removed the better obviously, but that car was probably sitting out on the lot for months for sap to collect, then the detailers never said anything about it and someone who didn't care enough to check the paint just took it. Do the white spots still feel solid/smooth underneath?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, the spots I can't see today my car needs washing and covered in pollen (Florida in the spring).

This is how bad the small area has gotten:

I also noticed along both sides of the top molding it is starting to peel in the corners.

As I took a closer inspection this is at the joint of the Hatch! OMG that is a lot of rust (it goes all the way across)!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
was this car repainted at one point?

I remember reading and seeing people with that hatch rust like you have. I can't seem to find the threads now though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like salt water spray that was left to sit for a while. Especially since it's in the cracks. The same thing happens to the lower portion of cars if they see salty roads and they're not cleaned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.