Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my car back yesterday from a shop I realized my engine is making a clicking sound primarily at lower rpms and seems to go away at higher rpms. I am getting very worried that is may be a rod know.
I do drive the car pretty hard and have a cold air intake for a while now but haven't had the issue since after the shop.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Versa Note
28 Posts
When I got my car back yesterday from a shop I realized my engine is making a clicking sound primarily at lower rpms and seems to go away at higher rpms. I am getting very worried that is may be a rod know.
I do drive the car pretty hard and have a cold air intake for a while now but haven't had the issue since after the shop.
what gen do you have?
rod knock is very unreasonable- you'd hear it at all rpm's. it also makes your car sound like a diesel, not a ticking noise.

part of me wants to say i know what ticking noise you mean..if you drive the second gen (e12) then i'll go out on a limb and say it MAY be some valve tick or something regarding the alternator however both of these are very very big jumps from a step by step diagnosis and should either one be the issue it's not a major concern.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what gen do you have?
rod knock is very unreasonable- you'd hear it at all rpm's. it also makes your car sound like a diesel, not a ticking noise.

part of me wants to say i know what ticking noise you mean..if you drive the second gen (e12) then i'll go out on a limb and say it MAY be some valve tick or something regarding the alternator however both of these are very very big jumps from a step by step diagnosis and should either one be the issue it's not a major concern.
It's a first gen sedan

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can bring it back to the shop if you are 100% that it wasn't there before. What did you have done there? The longer you wait to b ing it back, the less likely you'll get help with it.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts