Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its my 2013 versa w/31k miles, it actually has been doing it for years now, ( I know that sounds bad) but i have just dealt with it, it doesnt happen that often but its seems to be getting worse, any other 5speed owners have this chatter/shudder issue...? :confused5:

any ideas what it could be, thanks...

·
Registered
707 Posts
its my 2013 versa w/31k miles, it actually has been doing it for years now, ( I know that sounds bad) but i have just dealt with it, it doesnt happen that often but its seems to be getting worse, any other 5speed owners have this chatter/shudder issue...? :confused5:

any ideas what it could be, thanks...
Any number of reasons, none of which can be proven unless you make a physical inspection:

Clutch chatter is usually caused by contamination of the clutch disc friction surfaces. Contamination can be caused by oil or hydraulic fluid leaking onto the clutch disc. Chatter can also be caused by loose bell housing bolts, broken engine mounts, and a damaged clutch linkage. Could also be caused by a broken clutch plate spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, i looked for some old threads but didnt find much... i was hoping to find someone with the same issue and see if they had it checked/fixed...

i guess i will see how it goes, maybe i will do a clutch job in the future, i will update if/when i do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah there are other posts about it, and I've comment on them too. My 2012 has been doing it since I drove it off the lot brand new. Like you said not every single time, but enough to know it's just poor design. I came from a manual Neon, and that never once did it, but like I said, from day one my Versa has done it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts