Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing clutch in 09 versa 1.8 engine 6spd. Have old clutch and pressure plate out but am confused which side of clutch faces the flywheel. One side is flat, the other side is flat also with about a 1 inch splined extention sticking out. There are no springs on this disc like a lot of installations say. Thought when I took it out the splined extention was in toward the flywheel, but would like to get some verification before installing transmission. This old age memory thing is catching up with me. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
When you look at the tranny input shaft does it look like it rode on the shaft in any relation?

Id say it would be towards the transmission. No need in it facing the engine.

Was this just worn out or did it fail?

Going to replace anything else? Im one of those while you are in there guys and may go ahead and do the seals, throw out bearing and see if any aftermarket parts exist for the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info

Car has 225000 miles on it, clutch pedal went to floor, put in new master cylinder, still no pedal. Removed transmission and you could see the slave cylinder was shot, protective boot around slave was ripped up. Decided to replace clutch disc and pressure plate while apart. Extended area on disc fits perfectly in recessed area on flywheel. But from trying to make sure I got it in right I am questioning my own memory.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Car has 225000 miles on it, clutch pedal went to floor, put in new master cylinder, still no pedal. Removed transmission and you could see the slave cylinder was shot, protective boot around slave was ripped up. Decided to replace clutch disc and pressure plate while apart. Extended area on disc fits perfectly in recessed area on flywheel. But from trying to make sure I got it in right I am questioning my own memory.
At about 53 minutes into the video, he shows how to replace the clutch disk. Hope this helps..............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the road again

Replacement clutch was exact duplicate of the stock one. Correct orientation was the raised splined end went to flywheel. Thanks Pimperell for the video but my disc looked completely different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
clutchman
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing