Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 versa sv sedan and I want to start modding it. I want to start with putting lowering coil springs in it. I found a place but I'm not quite sure what size or spring rate I should run. I have looked all around and I cant find the size of the stock coil springs to know how much a different size will lower it. I also do not know which inner diameter to go with. Does anyone know the stock size coil spring or what size coil spring would work best?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yours and do with it as you will..............................but..........you should know that when you mod the front end travel like that you can expect much faster wearing parts as the loads go up when you limit the suspensions travel because you lowered. Not only that, the travel is no longer centered as it was before the mod, you will have travel in one direction but not as much as the other since you shortened in that direction with the lowering.

Cars done up like that tend to wear out front ends faster, it's a fact of life.

It's not enough just to compare the spring wire sizes either, even the temper (heat treat) affects the spring rate, you can have two identical looking springs of same diameter and size wire and one be wildly different from the other in action.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts