Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright here are a few questions ive been wondering about:
1. what springs will give you the best performance and biggest ride drop?
2. preferences on CAI? (thinking about AEM on this one)
3. better to buy an exhaust or get a custom one?
4. is a turbo kit available? (all i can find is the ZPI powered versa, wondering if theres a kit or if everything has to be custom)
5. is anyone producing aftermarket internals? (cams, pistons, crankshafts etc)

Im looking for the best and most cost effective way to bump up the versa's power and track ability. the versa is a pretty quick little car (my tires bark when im running it hard and shift into 2nd :]) and any mods seem like they would make a big difference.

·
Registered
413 Posts
1. biggest drop is megan racing. tanabe probably has the best performance.
2. aem or fujita, which ever is cheapest at the time.
3. you cant buy a cat-back, but you can have ones made. an axel-back wont give you ANY noticable power. push a custom cat-back can be fairly cheap, mine cost me $225 total with a magnaflow muffler.
4. no turbo, unless you go custom.
5. nothing internal.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
First things first...

1. If you want the biggest drop, I'd go with Megan Racing springs. Tanabe has the best performance.
2. AEM costs more than Fujita, but AEM is 50 states CARB legal. Fujita is not, you'll have to decide on the preferences and see which is makes more fiscal sense.
3. The only full catback exhaust I know of is Tanabe. The sound isn't the best, but it does the job. If you want to wait, Greddy will come out with one soon for the Versa.
4. There are no known turbo kits for the Versa currently. Give it a while, there will be some.
5. So far, there are none that I know of.

You're going to have to browze/shop around, but with plenty of research you can get what you want out of the car easily. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
There are Tanabe, Tokico and Tein coilovers for the Versa if you're looking for serious upgrades. Besides that, there is not much else that's over a grand worth for mods.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
BOB, are you going to carry the Tein basic coilovers? Those are available since May 2009. What about the Greddy exhaust?

·
Registered
187 Posts
1. Best performance....Tanabe/Eibach......Megan lowest drop (but long term quality in question)
2. In California AEM for sure all other States Fujita unless you have a State that has the California attitude.
3. Hang tight on this one, we may have news shortly so right now there are only axle backs for the Versa. (Tanabe/Stillen)
4. If you look at the ZPI they didn't even have room for a filter so right now there are questions on enough room for a proper set up with a Turbo.
5. Hang tight......still to new for anything. (right now ;})
And if you don't have one all ready a strut bar and that would be all you need for a proper set up that will make it handle like on rails....check out the pictures of my car at the autox even under high speed very little lean. Where lucky to have a very very stiff chassis. :yesnod:

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
go with the tanabe springs, AEM or Fujita doesnt really matter.... if you go custom dont go to big, and if you can try and get mandarel bends.... ZPI did go under, and you could do a custom setup... no internals yet, but if you got the money you could do it...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the info. this really helps and im eagerly awaiting perf. upgrades to come on the market for my V. they are quick little cars. like big go karts. but more fun to drive. just have to get people catching on to that :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
On the Exhaust note - GReddy is looking into making a Catback exhaust for the Versa. When they do it, they will be first offering it as a custom group buy through the forums as a limited edition part with special engraving or something. I'll keep you updated because they're going to want a pre-order of at least 25 units in order to make it happen. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts