Nissan Versa Forums banner

Collapsed foot rest

Tags
foot rest
3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Teresa23 
#1 ·
I'm kind of a big boy and managed to collapse the foot rest in my car while pushing on it trying to reach some stuff in the back seat from the driver seat. The foot rest appears to be hardened carpet on my 2011. I can't think of anyway to fix it without replacing the carpet completely. Do you guys have any suggestions?

#3 ·
Same here. Not worth fixing to me though. I'm just leaving it.

#4 ·
It's actually a Styrofoam insert. Mine is collapsed as well. When I reinstalled my interior this summer I repaired it with some sheet aluminum and duck tape. You have to remove the seat and pull up the carpet in the drivers side to pull out the insert. Not a terrible lyrics hard job, but a pain. If it's a 2011 and you have less than 36k make the dealership replace it under warranty.

#8 ·
Thread is really old now. You probably have new car. I had to pull my carpet up to vacuum water (gallons) from front and back passenger side. We had no choice but to break the styrofoam to dry car out. Now I’m looking for a picture of what it’s supposed to look like! And it was drain holes under cowl cover plugged up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.