Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking around at the different color LEDs i could get for footwells and my dome light on SV (no map light on this trim).

and now i cant decide between blue. or white. truth is, i like blue, but its overdone-- so many people have it and i dont know if itll match with my magnetic gray (almost silver) exterior.

as for white, i feel that its classier, but plainer, but what it might lack in style, it has in that a white LED dome can actually help read things.. i doubt blue LED dome can help with eyesight.

so yea, not sure. help me out? thanks.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have white LEDs in my dome light, map lights and trunk light.

When I push unlock on the keyfob the dome light brightens up the entire interior. It is very bright. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
white LEDs ftw bud. put into consideration like you said above that it would make things easier to see, if you had blue lights yah they would look nice but is that what you really want out of your dome lights? i wouldnt think so, you have those in your car to help you see. Im pretty sure after a while with blue LEDs you'd wanna go for white.

for your footwells thats a different story, do whatever you feel like with those. I have blue in mine and its nice addition at night.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea right? White dome light and then blue footwells connected to the dimmer switch doesn't sound bad. Either of you guys have your cupholder lit up too?

·
Registered
613 Posts
my footwells are connected to my dimmer switch, but i never use the dimmer switch so it was actually pointless to set it up that way lol... seeing as I always want them as bright as possible.

I do not have the cup holder lit, but I am going to be doing that in the future. Just not sure when. A few other members from these forums as well as another have them lit. Pretty awesome if i do say so myself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amateur question: isn't the dimmer switch the headlight knob? U never use headlights or is it another switch? And ha yeaa it is cool, cupholders. The posts I've read are from people who bought the oem kit and installed it. I saw a youtube clip of someone who use a strip rather than a single led..I'm hoping to find a thorough diy, but idk..versa 2012 is kinda new so idunno if ppl have moded it yet

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
No I haven't done the cupholder mod. I didn't want to have a hole drilled in.

I have a pink neon tube under each front footwell. They turn on as soon as I turn the car on :D I love having them !!

·
Registered
613 Posts
im not aware of a dimmer switch where you turn on your headlights unless there is one for fog lights (which i do not have on that knob) mine is located next to the mirror adjustment buttons. and this dimmer allows you to turn up the brightness on the cluster (odometer area) and AC/Heating bulbs and so forth

and hey do whatever suits your fancy being one single LED or a strip

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah so thats the dimmer switch LOL.. good to know. i always thought it referred to the headlights bc people always wrote their footwells would turn on with the headlights.

alright.. i think ive thought it through. white dome, blue footwells. strips for the footwells obviously. as for cup holders and the door pockets..thatll be for later. and ill do a little bit more reading to see where else people hook up the footwell too...but so far it seems dimmer wins.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
haha so you have them on in the daytime too? u must really like this pink
Ya my brother installed them so that they turn on with the car. Only reason is because in my old car I accidentally had turned on the fogs one day while leaving the car, and by the time I came back to my car at night the battery was dead. This setup prevents that from happening lol. But during the day you can barely see them. And yes I love pink:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
go for light violet

i would say, try a light violet color.
i have a golden exterior.. i tried white, blue, and violet
blue actually hurts my eyes.. my wife never liked it.
white is good and bright, but as you said.. it's really plain.
i liked the violet.. it's bright and colorful at the same time.
so, give it a try and see the outcome.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
White dome LEDs, blu only looks good at the bottom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts