Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Once everything is set and done who ever is in charge should send a private message to all the attendees with location, time, and date. Not everyone checks all threats all the time, that's only reason i'm suggesting.
good point. We have a list going, so we'll just keep adding to it as we get more people interested.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I say we try to keep it in Columbus, some of us have a bit of driving to do as is. Can't imagine adding 1-2 hours to each trip. Plus autocross means admission fees which adds to the trip. I would suggest having the meet in some big store parking lot with manager's permission of course. Something like IKEA for example, I know they have huge parking lots or even a Forest Preserve.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
originally we had mentioned trying to get a local Nissan dealership to provide some space.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That will work as well. I've gone to Toyota dealers for some shows. Could be good advertisement for them too. People drive by, see lot of cars (Versas) and people hanging out and want to see what the commotion is all about =)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Once everything is set and done who ever is in charge should send a private message to all the attendees with location, time, and date. Not everyone checks all threats all the time, that's only reason i'm suggesting.
No problem will do. Depending on size looking at contacting a local Nissan dealer or there is a nice stae park near by where we could definetly do a lil cook out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I say we try to keep it in Columbus, some of us have a bit of driving to do as is. Can't imagine adding 1-2 hours to each trip. Plus autocross means admission fees which adds to the trip. I would suggest having the meet in some big store parking lot with manager's permission of course. Something like IKEA for example, I know they have huge parking lots or even a Forest Preserve.
Will be kept centrally located to make it easier for others to locate.
Hoping to get other models Nissan's involved too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm in, let me know when.

·
Registered
643 Posts
the Mazda meet is going to be held at Highbanks Park off 23 (sunday july 22), just north of Columbus...they apparently have big parking lots...i think we reserved a pavillion and we had to pay for it...just a thought...i think there's been other meets there, too

...or we can do a meet at the Hoover Dam in Westerville...there is a huge parking lot down on the lower part of the damn...i went to one lame nissan meet there (actually took our mazda and only one other person came :() and there are tons of grills all along the reservoir above the dam

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There's one member over at nico that says they might be interested. I'm gonna give the thread a bump today and also post it on nicos fb page to see if we can get some interest from other nissan owners on there.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Saw your thread on NICOclub and thought I would try and find the thread you were talking about here...

I actually might be in. I'm tentatively going this summer to visit some friends in Hilliard and maybe if the schedules line up there will be a Canadian Versa there!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Saw your thread on NICOclub and thought I would try and find the thread you were talking about here...

I actually might be in. I'm tentatively going this summer to visit some friends in Hilliard and maybe if the schedules line up there will be a Canadian Versa there!
Cool :thumb2: thinking bout sometime in July/August to try n get the best weather possible.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Im trying to convince my wife that we should go not having the best of luck but we will see i might be able to if theres going to be a good turnout its about a 10hr drive for us

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Im trying to convince my wife that we should go not having the best of luck but we will see i might be able to if theres going to be a good turnout its about a 10hr drive for us
Sounds good will keep all our fingers crossed that you can make it.:thumb2:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The drive for me is gonna be around 14 hours I believe. I was planning a road trip to canada this summer, but this sounded like a better idea. After this I might drive down to norfolk and stay with my best friend for a couple days, then drive back up the east coast.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The drive for me is gonna be around 14 hours I believe. I was planning a road trip to canada this summer, but this sounded like a better idea. After this I might drive down to norfolk and stay with my best friend for a couple days, then drive back up the east coast.
sounds like a good plan :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I feel you man, I haven't even asked my wife cause we don't have a set date yet but not looking forward to it lol.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You could always drive there or back through Canada.

Only about 4.5 hours for me :thumb2:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
We are getting a decent response so I am going to set a date of July 28, its a Saturday.
Keeping with my faith and superstition 28 has eight in it which is a sign of good luck and if you turn 8 on its side it becomes the sign for infinity. Making all things possible.

Thinking of coming up w a couple of certificates for certain things like best engine and so on. Welcome your thoughts of suggestions.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts