Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Titan was too expensive for commuting so I was forced to buy a commuter which I wasn't thrilled about. As it turns out my 2012 Versa S brought me back to my younger years of having fun driving a peppy stick shift with good handling. I'm an old fart at 43 yrs by the way and the direction that I've taken so far, the car should belong to my 18 yr old son.
I'm hoping to learn and share as I have also been playing with modifactions too. I did meet Bob from Versaspeed last week and he was very nice and helpful. This coming week we will meet again as I'm purchasing Takeda springs and the DC strut bar. I can't believe I'm excited about this stuff with all the cars I've had in the past I've never been interested in fixing cars up. Although when I was 17 I did work on a 64 Mustang that was in poor shape cosmetically.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum got any pics I take it you have a hatch

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
glad to see your having fun with it. Welcome to the forum! Just be aware, that we demand pictures from all new members :) we kinda love them over here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your hospitality guys I live out here in Santa Clarita CA, I will be posting a pic soon. It is a magnetic grey hatchback with tinted windows. I did toss out the hub caps it came with and painted the front Nissan logo black. I ordered the OEM rear roof spoiler and Takeda springs from versaspeed, which I'm hoping to install this week. Also it has an Alpine system with a sub ofcourse. Last week I installed the catback from DC sports which is a little loud and the previous week I installed the Takeda short ram intake which I really love. I'm currently looking into performance chips, so your input would be welcomed. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Your story sounds strangely familiar:DWelcome George!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome. Look at the stiffing braces. There are rear sway-bars and under braces. They all help make the car stiffer. Once you do springs you may be looking for a bit more. After that better tires :)

just saying, been there done that.

Congrats... it is not a bad commuter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.