Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few things I've noticed after a period of time owning my car.

-My driver's power window is super fast. Its all the way down before the back windows are halfway. Passenger front window is pretty speedy too. Do you think since it's the main window (driver's) they put in a more durable motor?

-My steering wheel is cocked slightly to the right to drive straight. Yes, I realize everyone goes straight to bad alignment. While I of course cannot make it PERFECT, I have taken every precaution. I have a 5 year plan with NTB, as many alignments as I want from any store. 2 sets of tires, and 2 different NTB's (both stating alignment was fine to start with) and steering wheel still cocked to the side. Not bothersome. Just different.

Now to the questions.

I was vacuuming out the car today when I noticed the back seat had some wiggle to it. By reaching one hand under, I was able to lift the whole back seat up. There was one clip that popped right out, I was amazed at how easy it was. Are they all like this?

I know that due to laws headlights have a cutoff pattern to reduce glare to oncoming drivers. For some reason I feel like my drivers headlight is too low though. The drivers beam cuts off maybe 10 feet shorter than passengers and that seems excessive to me.
Edit: I went and took off the headlight assembly to check and see if it was mounted properly as I had changed the headlights out as soon as I go the car. As far as I can tell, it's mounted correctly so I'm not sure where the problem is. Suggestions?

·
Registered
620 Posts
-My driver's power window is super fast. Its all the way down before the back windows are halfway. Passenger front window is pretty speedy too. Do you think since it's the main window (driver's) they put in a more durable motor?

I was vacuuming out the car today when I noticed the back seat had some wiggle to it. By reaching one hand under, I was able to lift the whole back seat up. There was one clip that popped right out, I was amazed at how easy it was. Are they all like this?

I know that due to laws headlights have a cutoff pattern to reduce glare to oncoming drivers. For some reason I feel like my drivers headlight is too low though. The drivers beam cuts off maybe 10 feet shorter than passengers and that seems excessive to me.
Edit: I went and took off the headlight assembly to check and see if it was mounted properly as I had changed the headlights out as soon as I go the car. As far as I can tell, it's mounted correctly so I'm not sure where the problem is. Suggestions?
I had noticed this the other day too. I think it is kind of weird. I am REALLY interested in adding the automatic roll down/up switch to the other 3 windows because I always find myself just taping them and they never go down all the way. lol

Yes this is the same in my car. My car had to get the Fuel Pump replaced and Im guessing they did some work in the back because they forgot to push my seat back down all the way and I just had to clip it in on one spot. It's probably two clips though. One for each side. :D

I have no clue. You could try raising them. I believe that there is a little gear like object on the back of them. Try adjusting them to see if it makes it easier for you to drive.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
every car I have ever owned was like that. Driver always works better.

-My steering wheel is cocked slightly to the right to drive straight. Yes, I realize everyone goes straight to bad alignment. While I of course cannot make it PERFECT, I have taken every precaution. I have a 5 year plan with NTB, as many alignments as I want from any store. 2 sets of tires, and 2 different NTB's (both stating alignment was fine to start with) and steering wheel still cocked to the side. Not bothersome. Just different.
I don't see this being too much of an issue but maybe try a different shop. I had a buddy that worked at a shop and they use to say "set the toe and let it go". I don't know anything about alignments but he said they would just make peoples steering wheels straight with out really aligning the wheels. So I know it's possible to make the wheel straight.

Perfectly normal but if you feel it is too extememe then as stated earlier just adjust the headlight beam.

Most back seats are held on by two clips. It shouldn't be that easy to pop off. Mine does not wiggle or just pop off. I would take it off completely inspect the hardware and see if there is a problem. Or bring it to the dealer to be fixed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
don't know anything about alignments but he said they would just make peoples steering wheels straight with out really aligning the wheels. So I know it's possible to make the wheel straight.

The usual procdure is to set the wheel straight before adjusting the toe-in/out. But during steering wheel installation they have to pu it on the right spline on the steering column shaft. It usually has a tolerance on it which can be OK fir the factory to pass it through, but it won't be 12 o'clock to you. Mine is the same way. Annoying yes, but mine doesn't pull. Most shops have a tolerance to put it in and don't get too excited about making it perfect.

Perfectly normal but if you feel it is too extememe then as stated earlier just adjust the headlight beam.

The factory service manual shows a picture with a good description of how to set the light. Follow that and see if one is off. Adjust from there.

Most back seats are held on by two clips.

Yep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.