Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad was having problem with his Ford Truck 91. The compression has been turning low and the valve got burnt out. Also observed that the oil squirt on both cylinders. The rings are badly mad as well. what might be the cause of this issue. he's an engineer and he needs this car for traveling places. wanna help him but have no idea on what to do.

Ford truck parts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
How many miles does it have

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see...
Well...it could be that bad valve you were talking about... not 100% sure but it is related to low compression. Test each cyclinder, it should have at least 100psi on each
Thanks a lot...appreciated your help... i'll keep posting update in the next few days....:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
My dad was having problem with his Ford Truck 91. The compression has been turning low and the valve got burnt out. Also observed that the oil squirt on both cylinders. The rings are badly mad as well. what might be the cause of this issue. he's an engineer and he needs this car for traveling places. wanna help him but have no idea on what to do.
More info...here we go again..
Ford what? F150, F250, F350, or the super duty.
What motor? (there are 8 motor options for that year)
What work was done last to the motor?
How did he smoke a valve in 13K
did he get the valve fixed? If so... when the head-gasket went back on, was everything checked?
Why are the rings bad? Who said they were?

How do you know the compression is bad? without a compression checker?

Heck for all we know, it may just need valve seals and a fresh set of plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Or just a head-gasket job.

also if he needs it that bad, and it's a 1991 (assuming he bought it new) with 13K miles, at that rate he can bicycle. That is ~1.7 round-trip miles a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts