Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Depends on how it's broke. You'll likely have fits gluing any plastic there if thinking of it. A broken bracket can be cobbled up from sheet metal in a few minutes to replace a broken plastic one.

Went to the WR website to see what gimmick claimed there....................I'm still laughing.

Two different speeds of air 'created'.............nope, you got that in literally every moving stream of air on the planet, er, boundary layer. And 3X the airflow there? Anybody running a turbo just wasted all that money according to that.

The people buying this stuff are doing so based on being asleep in physics class when they were in school, no personal insult intended of course. Then savvy marketers apply that and tell you 'wonderful' things you should already know..............

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No offense taken. I personally chose the Weapon-R intake because it looked like it had a smaller filter footprint than others I was looking at, and I knew it would be a tight fit behind the battery. Luckily Weapon-R has a lifetime replacement policy, and they shipped out a new one today.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
No jb weld, proxy, etc?

I was going to say return it to stock and get an oem air box from the junkyard.

I use to be a KN freak, but found the errors in my way.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Oily base flexible plastics generally do not glue well at all with any known glues. They can be under certain very tight circumstances but the vast majority of people cannot recognize that and then the repair fails 99 times out of 100. The constant VOC leaching out of the plastic causes the glue to release with no holding strength. Why most of the plastics have to be like sonic welded.

I used to sell various epoxies and believe me, most are misused in every sense of the word possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts