Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a '15 Versa Note about 3 weeks. It came only with a standard key. The car has power locks, windows, etc., and the only place I can unlock anything is the driver's side door. I want to purchase 2 keys for keyless entry so I can remote open the door and the hatchback. I have read some places that I can program the keys myself and other places that state the keys have a transponder chip and I will have get a dealer or locksmith to program them. Obviously, the car does not require a transponder. This is the key I want to purchase (not necessarily from this vendor). Any advice on whether I will be able to program myself and still drive the car? Even if I have to use the standard key to drive, I'm okay with that. I just don't want to spend more money than necessary.

https://northcoastkeyless.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/NISRK2-MAIN1-6-500x600.jpg

·
Registered
266 Posts
Even if I have to use the standard key to drive, I'm okay with that. I just don't want to spend more money than necessary.
For 2017 Versa S sedan (manual everything) I cut spare keys at Lowes home improvement store for a couple bucks each. The keys are stamped "Axxess+" and the number "38". I would think your Note uses the same blanks. Obviously, it would be only for manual operations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify..I want to purchase a remote key for the purpose of locking/unlocking the doors/hatchbook, even if I have to use a standard key to drive. I would prefer to use one key for both purposes, but don't want to spend hundreds at a dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got both kinds of keys.

I went to Home Depot and got the non-FOB, flat metal key at Home Depot - look up #38 . this is a great key to keep in your wallet.

I went on eBay and purchased online the FOB key. Looks Identical to my original Nissan Key - but no Nissan Logo. for about $9 each. I got two for $18 and got free shipping.

the key arrived in 3 days. I took it to Home Depot. They cut the key for free and told me they only charge if I buy a key from them. Cutting is free.

The key worked great. I downloaded the instructions to program the fob. Did it in less than 5 minutes! I made a mistake and forgot to pull the key out at one point and had to do it over. Now, I have the remote door unlock capability and Panic Button.

Look around, I have seen the programming instructions elsewhere on this forum. I have a 2016 and used the instructions for the 2015.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts