Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am in the market for a new car. I am considering a 2014 Nissan Versa Note SV hatchback. I am intrigued by the car but encountered a problem during my test drive this past Saturday. Prior to the test drive, this car was my front-runner but now I have some doubts about purchasing this car.

During the test drive, I noticed a short rumble (noise and vibration) on two occasions when accelerating from a stop. I accelerated the car moderately (not heavily) on both occations. The rumble lasted for about a second each time. I had test driven the Versa Note once before and did not experience the rumble. Both test drives were with the Versa Note SV with the CVT.

I wonder if this is just a one-time thing since I didn't notice any rumble, noise, or vibration during the first test drive. I asked the salesman during the second test drive if he noticed the rumble and he said it could be that the car needs to be broken in. I'm thinking that its a brand-new car and, as a result, it shouldn't be rumbling, even if it hasn't been broken in yet.

I'll post this in the appropriate thread for response.

·
Registered
236 Posts
TKO
Not sure what you are experiencing with the noise during acceleration. I'm driving a CVT and it does behave differently than a fluid automatic but the rumbling is not common. Suggest that you test drive a different Versa Note The answer that was given that the car needs to be broken in" is too funny. Find another sales person.
Ask the next sales person a question about the Versa 2014 HB to see if they are knowledgeable. Question When do the front shutters close on the 2014 HB Note. Answer closed at 20 mph opens above 60mph.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hello, I am in the market for a new car. I am considering a 2014 Nissan Versa Note SV hatchback. I am intrigued by the car but encountered a problem during my test drive this past Saturday. Prior to the test drive, this car was my front-runner but now I have some doubts about purchasing this car.

During the test drive, I noticed a short rumble (noise and vibration) on two occasions when accelerating from a stop. I accelerated the car moderately (not heavily) on both occations. The rumble lasted for about a second each time. I had test driven the Versa Note once before and did not experience the rumble. Both test drives were with the Versa Note SV with the CVT.

I wonder if this is just a one-time thing since I didn't notice any rumble, noise, or vibration during the first test drive. I asked the salesman during the second test drive if he noticed the rumble and he said it could be that the car needs to be broken in. I'm thinking that its a brand-new car and, as a result, it shouldn't be rumbling, even if it hasn't been broken in yet.

I'll post this in the appropriate thread for response.
i would say if you are noticing anything out of the ordinary that is different than your previous test drive that this most recent one is probably a good idea to stay away from and try another Note with the same trim options you want that doesnt make that noise. Honestly my Note has been solid from the get go and being that im over 5000 miles into ownership now i would say that the Note should be a reliable car for you, just not the one you test drove recently. as with any car model or make there are going to be some bad ones in the batch, but that does not mean it is something you should stay away from altogether because of one bad test drive....just try another Note with the same options at another dealer and im sure you will be happy with it, i know i am...overall a very fun car to drive IMO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You know what they say. If first time fails, try and try again! Don't let the first one get you down. The new Note has been popular for the consumer and the critics. Maybe you just got a lemon or one that they use to test driving that gets abused or something.

·
Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what they say. If first time fails, try and try again! Don't let the first one get you down. The new Note has been popular for the consumer and the critics. Maybe you just got a lemon or one that they use to test driving that gets abused or something.
The Note I test drove that had the rattle had only 7 miles on it. Its hard for me to assume that the car had been abused or was the designated test-drive car for that dealership.

Regardless, I'm leaning towards passing on the Note. I've heard that even though they're assembled in Mexico, the quality and reliability is still good and comparable to Japanese assembly. However, I don't like the spare tire being exposed to the outdoors/elements (rather than being inside the trunk), thick D-pillars that hinder rearward visibility. Also, I have to get the SV trim to get power windows/locks, which means I have to get features I don't want or need such as Bluetooth, chrome trim, remote keyless entry, leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel mounted audio controls.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Note I test drove that had the rattle had only 7 miles on it. Its hard for me to assume that the car had been abused or was the designated test-drive car for that dealership.

Regardless, I'm leaning towards passing on the Note. I've heard that even though they're assembled in Mexico, the quality and reliability is still good and comparable to Japanese assembly. However, I don't like the spare tire being exposed to the outdoors/elements (rather than being inside the trunk), thick D-pillars that hinder rearward visibility. Also, I have to get the SV trim to get power windows/locks, which means I have to get features I don't want or need such as Bluetooth, chrome trim, remote keyless entry, leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel mounted audio controls.
not really sure what you're talking about with rear visibility as i have no issues seeing out of mine, but to each his own, hope you have better luck with whatever your other choices are

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.