Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2014 Versa for one week and managed to get myself a flat tire yesterday. Does anyone know of the Continental brand tires that came on my versa come with a Road Hazard Warranty?

Ty
Brandon

9 Posts
I don't think it does, even if you purchased the extended warranty they offer. If you have a Just Tires near you, you can warranty tires through them for a few bucks a tire, even if you didn't purchase the tires through them. I've not done so as I'm not to fond of these tires. I'm waiting for them to wear down enough to purchase some Uniroyal Tiger Paws. I just don't want to waste what I currently have.

Dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Roads are so bad here, that buying insurance on the Tyres is not a luxury but a necessity.

It is structured in such a way that you only pay the difference in thread used, so if you loose a tyre driving out of the tyre shop, you dont pay in extra. This is on all brands.

On my old Nissan Pickup I lost 2 brand new tyres once on a gravel road, one after the other. Was replaced without paying in extra.. The insurance cost like $12 for a set of 4 tyres.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No, no tire on a new vehicle comes with a warranty. The dealership may replace it in good faith, but that is doubtful.

I worked at Firestone and we would have people come in with a brand new vehicle with Firestones/Bridgestone tires and expect to get a new tire for free. We offered no warranty - that is up to the dealer since that is where the vehicle was purchased.

It is pretty much the standard in the auto industry

·
Registered
43 Posts
These tires are pretty crappy(Continental Pro Contact). I have about 30K on my 14 Note S and the tires are toasted all the way down to the wear bar. The treadwear rating for these tires are 80K. I get my tires roated with each oil change at 5k. I asked the stealership if they would do anything about it and they looked at me if I was retarded. Unless you have the tire warranty I dought the stealership will do anything about it because they view it as a wearable item.

·
Registered
526 Posts
These tires are pretty crappy(Continental Pro Contact). I have about 30K on my 14 Note S and the tires are toasted all the way down to the wear bar. The treadwear rating for these tires are 80K. I get my tires roated with each oil change at 5k. I asked the stealership if they would do anything about it and they looked at me if I was retarded. Unless you have the tire warranty I dought the stealership will do anything about it because they view it as a wearable item.
I know it's a pain but I think you can go to an authorized Conti dealer and try to get an adjustment on your tires if they fell very short on their treadwear rating. I was just reviewing the fine print on my Kumhos as mine seem to be wearing very quickly. I'm sure they have similar conditions for the Contis.

At a certain point the question that comes up: is it worth the hassle to get an adjustment, and forcing you to buy another set of tires from them, albeit discounted, or take your loss and go with another brand?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would say it all depends how much you love the Conti tires. From the reviews I have read they seem to only get just ok reviews and they don't seem to hold up in the snow or ice at all. I'm fine with my ContiPros for now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a different brand when the time comes to replace them. I rather have an all terrain that I can trust in the snow when the winter comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts