Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and own a 2007 Nissan Versa SL with 105k miles on it.

I've replaced the control arms twice already, at first they were just worn out but then I think they were improperly installed. So I had to replace them again. Now the issue is that the chassis has lost its threading for the control arm bolt towards the front.

Has anyone had this issue before and does anyone have a solution?

Thank you

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and own a 2007 Nissan Versa SL with 105k miles on it.

I've replaced the control arms twice already, at first they were just worn out but then I think they were improperly installed. So I had to replace them again. Now the issue is that the chassis has lost its threading for the control arm bolt towards the front.

Has anyone had this issue before and does anyone have a solution?

Thank you
Not knowing the size of the bolts, you have two possible options..... Try using a "tap" to the next larger size bolt, or you can use a helicoil kit sold at most hardware and auto supply stores.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=tap&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=helicoil

·
Registered
940 Posts
They CAN be improperly installed and many mechs do it. The car needs to be at 'ride height', or the normal height the car sits at on the road. Many OEMs now specify that, I did it way back in the '70s but a pain in the butt depending on where you are tightening. You do not tighten any rubber bushing until car is down on the ground and settled on the suspension, that way the bushing is 'normalized', ergo, not twisted one way or the other, rather, in a neutral condition. Many mechs tighten with car up in the air and then car let down and then the bushing is pre-twisted one way to be twisted way more than usual in operation in that direction. How they can tear up way early.

The problem being-how to tighten with car so low you can't get up under it? The mech of course will opt out to make customer the one who suffers there. Having a pit in the shop is a plus there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing