Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a rough estimate on what it's cost to make a CVT a manual?

I really didn't want an automatic car but decided it'd be ok since it is a CVT and doesn't shift. But I'd always rather have a manual. I figured if the cost isn't too bad I might convert.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
don't CVT's perform better and get better MPG then the 6spd? Why would you want to convert?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a manual kind of person just got a CVT cause it was the only Versa they had left (which is why it's also black).

Just wanting to see what my options are. Typically I think that the CVT gets better mpg. I'm not sure about performance either.

If I keep the CVT I'd really like to get a supercharger made.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not that interested in a Turbokit because of the fact that I have an automatic because Turbos don't give constant power like superchargers do. Since I don't have any shifting in between I think it would be weird to have the Turbo. Although people want a turbo doesn't seem like a good lasting one will
be made soon so I couldn't imagine how many would want a supercharger besides me lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
cvt gets better gas mileage but i think adding power to it would shred it to pieces like a 700 hp car with a stock auto tranny. i dont fully understand CVT tho... for racing the 6spd is always my first choice. and you get better control over whats happening

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I would say it is connected to but not part of it :). If I could put a cvt in my car I would.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.