Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 versa. i started getting a burnt candy smell drivers side when heat is on. I noticed again today and then a large amount of coolant leaked from just behind the drivers side wheel. i jacked the car up, took the wheel off and ran the car with the heater on for about 10 minutes. Some residual seemed to leak out but I didn't catch where then it stopped. nothing leaked out. dropped car down and parked it and put some cardboard under the wheel well behind the driver tire and after about an hour its still dry. Any one have any thoughts on this? if you think I need to check a hose to the heater core could you tell me what I got to remove in order to see it? there's plastic alll under the front of the car. lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If the leak has slowed or disappeared, check the overflow reservoir.
May have leaked out down to a certain point on the reservoir itself.
Also, if you're still getting heat in the cabin, then there's still some fluid.
How much is "a large amount of coolant leaked from just behind the drivers side wheel."?
edit Welcome!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Check heater core hoses for sure, remove the two 10 mils for the engine cover and peak over the intake, you can SEE them from there. Intake needs to be removed to get to them. However it could be one of the many small hoses on what i would call a "coolant distributor" bolted to the engine block. Could be that the throttle body lines leaked a bit of coolant, dripped onto exhaust mani, and the steam went into the cabin air intake. Might indicate a rad cap that isn't doing its job and the resultant pressure increase finding the weakest/path of least resistance. How hot was the car when the coolant leaked out? I also wouldn't rule out a leaking heater core, there is the odd bad ones out there and i feel sorry for the people that that happens to. I don't know where our evaporator water drain is on our cars but if coolant came from that drain i would assume a heater core with a small leak, enough to leak under pressures of a hot system, but not major.

Edit: just to clarify above i mean the intake piping and not the intake manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.