Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put about 12.5k miles on this note.

I was checking the coolant level, and it is very slowly going down.

When new it was right between the min/max marks, now it's about 1 inch above the min mark.
manual says:
CHECKING ENGINE COOLANT
LEVEL
Check the coolant level in the reservoir when
the engine is cold. If the coolant level is below
the MIN level 2 , add coolant to the MAX level
1 . If the reservoir is empty, check the coolant
level in the radiator when the engine is cold. If
there is insufficient coolant in the radiator, fill the
radiator with coolant up to the filler opening and
also add it to the reservoir up to the MAX level1 .
If the cooling system frequently requires
coolant,have it checked by a NISSAN
dealer.
Do I need to be concerned?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've put about 12.5k miles on this note.

I was checking the coolant level, and it is very slowly going down.

When new it was right between the min/max marks, now it's about 1 inch above the min mark.
manual says:

Do I need to be concerned?
i would do what the manual states first and then if it happens again you can then be concerned, other than that i've found it normal across all the new cars i've bought to use up a bit of coolant, but after filling them back up to recommended levels they all balanced out afterwards and never lost any coolant. i would say as long as you are not seeing any puddles of coolant on the ground that you are fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If there aren't puddles, and you aren't smoking, I wouldn't get overly concerned. Just keep an eye on it whenever you fill up with gas.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would take it to the dealership so the incident is documented. They will refill it for you at no charge and tell you to watch the level. This will protect you in the future is something happens.

Just because you don't see white smoke or drips does not mean your car isn't burning coolant. Just keep that in mind - slow coolant loss could easily do undetected for a bad headgasket. This is why they pressure test vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.