Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has gone to a body shop to repair a paint chunk?

This weekend the weather decided to tease us with some warm weather so I cleaned, polished and waxed the V. So I found tons of paint chips on the front bummer (Which isn't unusual) but I found a chunk of paint missing by my left rear window! It's about 8mm x 8mm of paint stripped right to the bare metal! It's really bugging me so I'm looking into getting it repaired before it starts to rust....

Also I noticed some really small stone chips were starting to rust...should i get touch up paint and put it on the affected areas?

Let me know! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
first before you get it repaired get a small sand paper and some white primer and then cover the bare metal it only takes a few hours for that metal to oxidize. Depends on where you work at but some place charge between 50-100 some people charge 150 :p i know that a paint shop will charge me 150 to paint my front grill thats paint + clear :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
yes you can paint parts of the car you just have to find a competent shop that can blend, I think a buddy of mine said they take the clear coat off the section paint and reclearcoat so it looks just like it did out of the stealership

1 - 4 of 4 Posts