Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 2009 versa sl hatchback. for some reason it now does the three short beep loop aaaaaalllll the time once it has been shut off. nothing is left on, it is in P and everything else is ok. even when the door closed, it beeps -_-.... also, it wont lock with the remote. itll unlock with it, but it wont lock it. the remote works fine. i know because when the car is on and i press the lock button from the inside of the car it works. i have tried searching other threads but none have ALL of the problems that i do.if you can shed some light on the issue it would really help. also, im a newb so be patient and please use laman's terms

·
Registered
88 Posts
You may have two different problems.

As far as the remote goes, it sounds like the battery is getting weak. Have you ever changed the battery?

Not sure about the chime, though. It usually sounds when I don't have the ignition knob turned back completely, or the gear shift knob isn't completely in park.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, change the remote battery first. My car had similar issues and when I changed the remote battery, it fixed them. May also be the car battery going bad which may need replaced as well. It too can cause strange electronic things to happen. Buy it at Walmart for a good price and high rated battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, both batteries have recently been changed. the remote works fine from the outside and from pretty far to unlock. but panic and lock wont work. and the chime is irritating.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
check the door switches and the one under the hood and the trunk. Car might think something is open.

·
Registered
690 Posts
So the door ajar chime stays on? Check all the switches that would power that relay. Not sure if these cars use a simple relay system though, power through the switches could go to a module first then to a relay. How do all the doors feel when you close them? Do they close tightly, i.e do all the latches engage with affirmation? Could be that one of the latches isn't "grabbing" enough to open the switches, door doesn't stay in far enough to depress the switch far enough. Does the door ajar light in the dash also stay on? The fact that the key fob doesn't do what it's supposed to indicates to me a bad BCM or IPDM. There shouldn't be THAT much wear in all the moving parts of the doors for it to be that, same with an ignition switch. The BCM may not be powering the lock actuators to lock the doors because it's seeing an open door, or what it thinks is an open door, and that could be why it will unlock but not lock. The BCM may refuse to lock doors if it sees one or more are open. Since the automatic interior lights (light in hatch/trunk, cabin lights) will stay on if there is an apparent door still open, test this by making sure everything's closed and watching the trunk/hatch and interior lights, they should go off after whatever period of time they're supposed to stay on for after all doors are closed. Something like 10 seconds maybe. The two mentioned problems are probably linked. I wouldn't rule out a bad module, they do randomly go sometimes. But don't do that first, do proper diagnostics like I mentioned to pinpoint the causes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did all of it. no bad latches. no door open icon. no door light on. i read somewhere today that it might just be the system that detects if the key is in the ignition isnt working. someone had similar problems and they took it to the dealer and got that part fixed. except i dont think im still under warranty, lol.

·
Registered
690 Posts
So probably a BCM then. Just get one from the wreckers and change it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.