Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
They must be missing something. Already replaced the PCM? Did they actually probe the sensor to make sure it's working properly? Perhaps the sensor may need to be shimmed, maybe the old one was shimmed and the tech didn't think anything of a shim. Some motors from the factory may have been shimmed due to low clearances, there is an air gap spec most likely, it's just not officially serviceable i don't think. I have shimmed crank sensors before for issues like this. Crank sensors will cause all kinds of issues, usually just no start, but sometimes this.

·
Registered
690 Posts
PCM is the Powertrain Control Module, it is engine management, it manages spark, A/F ratio and just generally modulates engine controls for the best driveability. Example, increasing idle speed with clutch in and in a gear for easier take off, fast warm up, intake cam VVT actuation, EVAP purge, fuel pressure. They do go bad rarely, and when they do it's usually an internal fault that isn't worth repair.

With engine management its generally better to go to a dealer because they have the Nissan specific communication interface, and the experience in a certain brand. That said not alot of techs are good at electrical diagnosis even with the best tools available. They just can't connect the dots. Try a different dealer, or a reputable independent, an import specialty independent shop if possible.

If you scrap it, I call first dibs on parts.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nah, flooding a car causes the car to become useless. It goes nuts. It's a total writeoff because you'll never fix any of the electrical problems, people who are buying them cheap and thinking they can fix them to be good again are idiots, and should be shot. Take that insurance cheque and buy a new one.

You just need a good diagnosis/driveability guy, and those are few and far between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.