Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I got home from work around 4pm, it was 14C outside.

Tonight they are expecting the weather to take a turn and for it to go down to MINUS 15C.

What is happening? One warm day, then one freezing cold day ...

Article from my local paper.

Temperature about to plunge
March 25, 2010
John Burman

So much for spring.

Temperatures around Hamilton will begin to plunge at noon, hitting rock bottom at -15 overnight.

Better get the longjohns out.

Environment Canada says in a special weather statement issued at 4:45 a.m. that a massive cold front will sweep across the region today.

Temperatures will drop well below normal tonight.

The cold front will cross Georgian Bay this morning and then pass through London, Hamilton, Toronto and Peterborough just after the noon hour.

Temperatures will drop well below freezing by sunset for most regions.

The low temperature minimums will range from -10 to -15 except for extreme southwestern Ontario where values will be near -8.

Gusty northwesterly or northerly winds to 50 or 60 km/h may accompany the cold, adding the misery of windchill.

Environment Canada says there is a 60 per cent chance we will have rain with those falling temperatures this afternoon.

Winds are expected to be northwest 20 km/h to 40 km/h late this afternoon. skies will clear overnight as the temperature dips to -8 or lower.

Friday will be sunny with a high of 1.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yesterday when I got home from work around 4pm, it was 14C outside.

Tonight they are expecting the weather to take a turn and for it to go down to MINUS 15C.

What is happening? One warm day, then one freezing cold day ...

Article from my local paper.

Temperature about to plunge
March 25, 2010
John Burman

So much for spring.

Temperatures around Hamilton will begin to plunge at noon, hitting rock bottom at -15 overnight.

Better get the longjohns out.

Environment Canada says in a special weather statement issued at 4:45 a.m. that a massive cold front will sweep across the region today.

Temperatures will drop well below normal tonight.

The cold front will cross Georgian Bay this morning and then pass through London, Hamilton, Toronto and Peterborough just after the noon hour.

Temperatures will drop well below freezing by sunset for most regions.

The low temperature minimums will range from -10 to -15 except for extreme southwestern Ontario where values will be near -8.

Gusty northwesterly or northerly winds to 50 or 60 km/h may accompany the cold, adding the misery of windchill.

Environment Canada says there is a 60 per cent chance we will have rain with those falling temperatures this afternoon.

Winds are expected to be northwest 20 km/h to 40 km/h late this afternoon. skies will clear overnight as the temperature dips to -8 or lower.

Friday will be sunny with a high of 1.
yea :S i saw that too. At first it thought i made an error reading it so i read it again and was like wtf :S is this even possible :\

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Sounds almost like here with the drastic changes in temperatures....one day it's 70 F outside, then the next day it's cold and snowing

·
Registered
247 Posts
We've been in the 70's and 80's one day sunny, then the next its in the 30's. One day we got snow, again.. I think we've gotten more snow this year than we have over 10 years. It doesn't snow here, but its suddenly has been (only once it stuck to the ground). We also dropped into the teens, and we never go below 20f here.

I'm afraid of tornado season, and hurricane season here. Last season, El nino was going on, so we didn't really have hurricanes... >.<

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol ... It's weird because this year we have had no snow. Only a couple days here and there with some snow, but nothing significant. It's weird.

Our tulips are already starting to pop up yet tonight it's going down to such a cold temperature. Hopefully my tulips don't die on me :(

Thankfully no hurricanes or tornadoes or earthquakes here. One benefit to living in Southern Ontario.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lol ... It's weird because this year we have had no snow. Only a couple days here and there with some snow, but nothing significant. It's weird.

Our tulips are already starting to pop up yet tonight it's going down to such a cold temperature. Hopefully my tulips don't die on me :(

Thankfully no hurricanes or tornadoes or earthquakes here. One benefit to living in Southern Ontario.
yea, we have had REALLY cold days but hardly any snow. I heard this winter the snow we got was one of the lowest recorded snow in about 10 years and i kinda missed it too this time :(

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know ... Last year my snow tires got a work out but this year; nothing :(

I am hoping to swap them next weekend on the long weekend. I want my stock tires back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts