Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
transmission has no power

I know that you don't want to hear this, but if I were you, I would take the car to the dealership to have the issue diagnosed rather than try and solve it yourself. The cvt transmission is a strange animal, and it requires specialized computer equipment in order to diagnose and fix the problem. Same goes for changing out the fluid as you can see from the below listed link.

Service Tips

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
and at that even the Nissan dealer had limited abilities to service the transmission and usually just replaces it. :surprise

Ive seen on other forums like VW and Honda to name a few where people have serviced their own and even fixed them, but the Nissan one seems to be a mystery.

Im just shocked with all the issues across Nissan owners no one has started a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would like to see the numbers on Versa/Tilde CVT repair/replacements. We only get people here who are writing because they have a problem. There are millions (truly millions) of these cars on the road. How many go 100,000 miles or better and never have any problems with the CVT.

It definitely is a weak point in the car but maybe not near as bad as we think.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would like to see the numbers on Versa/Tilde CVT repair/replacements. We only get people here who are writing because they have a problem. There are millions (truly millions) of these cars on the road. How many go 100,000 miles or better and never have any problems with the CVT.

It definitely is a weak point in the car but maybe not near as bad as we think.
I think that Nissan does have an issue with the CVT transmissions at a higher rate of failure when compared to regular automatics. If the CVT was such a reliable transmission then they should have continued with their 10 year 100,000 power-train warranty rather than discontinue it. My car with 16,000 miles on it was still under warranty when my transmission went south. The dealer pinpointed the problem with the cvt as being the main control vale, and called Nissan to authorize the repair. Nissan instructed the dealer not to make the repair, but to pull the entire transmission and install a "new"one, which they did under warranty. If I had to pay for the repair, it would have been in the neighborhood of $3500-4000.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/search/?cx=partner-pub-6745124734283845:6pv4ih4brad&cof=FORID:10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=nissan+cvt&sa=Search&siteurl=https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2017/nissan-transmission-cvt-class-action-lawsuit.shtml

1 - 5 of 5 Posts