Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
possible new factory radio options

Well the cube is out and it seems that thier base model comes with an auxi in. The radio looks identical to the Versa radio. I am betting that they are interchangable. So anyone looking for a radio with aux in might want to check them out. I'm assuming in a few month these will flood ebay and cost much less then the SL radios.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure the SL cube and the SL versa have the exact same radio. If this is true this would prove that the cube and V radios are interchangable.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet you can get it to work but it will require grabbing all the sensors in the car and there will be quite a few of them. Converting from manual to auto climate control is nothing new in the Nissan world. Coming from 240 world alot of people grabbed the Jdm CC and installed in the USDM 240's.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My radio looks a bit different than that one. To me, mine seems to be wider than the picture of the Cube's. Notice how I have the seek buttons on the left and right, and in the cube model they don't have that. It seems as though the Versa's is a bit wider. What do you think? (And mine is an SL radio)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have an sl radio. I was talking about the base cube vs the base versa radio. They are the same except the aux input.

Now the upgraded cube radio is the same as the SL versa radio except it now has ipod control.

Now the real question is can you get the ipod control and wiring into a Versa? I'm betting they all interchange. I would go as far as betting the 2010 Versa's are going to come out with the same radios.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Oh okay. Sorry didn't realize the first picture was for the S model.
What do you mean by ipod control? I have the aux input for my ipod, but what exactly is the ipod control? Is this where you plug in your ipod to the radio and then you can control the ipod from the radio controls?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct iluvmyversa08. I believe the screen will even read the song titles, but I'm not positive. The plug for the ipod is not shown in the pic. It's a seperate wire.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Well, shouldn't the auto temp control be plug 'n play from the Cube to the Versa? If not, what needs changing out?

I also love the fact that the hazard button is all red on the Cube. JDM all the way!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
There's been numerous people wondering which parts from the Cube are backwards compatible with the Versa.

The following parts are compatible with the Cube and Versa:

- Struts
- Springs
- Brake Pads
- Rotors
- Strut Bar
- S/SL Radio
- Wheel Covers
- Brake/gas pedals
- Interior accent lighting (footwell/cupholder)

If there are any parts that are not compatible or are missing, please feel free to make changes if necessary or comment.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more cubes I see on the road and commercials the more I like it. Whoever changed the thread title great idea. Wonder if there are any cubes here or abroad with rear disc brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the ipod plug on a cube.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Anyone know if the Cube wheels are compatible with the Versa? I checked out the specs on Nissan's website and it says...

Wheels
- Cube 1.8/S 15" x 6.0 with bolt on wheel covers.
- Cube SL/Krom 16" x 6.0 8 spoke alloy wheels.

Tires
- Cube 1.8/S P195/60HR15 Toyo™ A20 all-season tires.
- Cube SL/Krom P195/55VR16 Toyo™ A20 all-season tires.

I guess the wheel covers for the Cube will work on the V, not sure about the alloy wheels though.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Other Cube parts to check out and see if they're compatible with the Versa...

- Hyper Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic on/off headlights

These would be great features to have but we need to check out the parts and see if they're plug 'n play with the Versa.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.