Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh,
Not sure how it happend but now Ive got some nasty curb rash on the right front rim. What can I do I'm very bummed have the car 3 weeks and this.
Mary

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Ouch :(

I don't think there's much to do..maybe a new rim if it bothers you that much? perhaps a wheel shop may be able to fix it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
you can see on google there are many shops that can fix your wheel depending of the damage on it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
a shop might be the best way to go, but if your up for a job there are websites/forums where people show how they've fixed curb rash with bondo/sanding/painting etc so just google it and you'll find help.

I have some rash on my wheels, not horrible so when I get the chance im gonna sand them down and then polish them and they'll be brand new again

·
Registered
216 Posts
I follow these 2 guys who call themselves Mighty Car Mods on youtube..they're from Australia and they did an episode on how to fix your rim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, another O-town member! yeah, it's pretty bad. Maybe when it is time for new tires I might take them and have 'em powder coated.
Mary

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
In the meantime, Plastidip them! They just came out with a new gunmetal color.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Not sure who your asking for a link, but if its me, you can head over to dipyourcar.com and then select products from their menu. They have loads of colors. Myself and several others have "dipped" their wheels (I've also done my grill and fuel door). It works great on badges as well. Some people cover the entire car! Dipyourcar has a how to where they dipped an audi s3 and the just did a bmw m3 as well. I love the stuff

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Those are nice OEM wheels too! I found that a shop charges about the same as my wheels to fix rash (I have a nice chunk out of my front left from a toll booth near chicago :().

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I am definitely digging this. Want to do the white. But, what about the gashes themselves? I'm sure they will show up. So, get some sand paper and what some filler or bondo to smooth out?

mary

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Okay, I am definitely digging this. Want to do the white. But, what about the gashes themselves? I'm sure they will show up. So, get some sand paper and what some filler or bondo to smooth out?

mary
Yupp. Thats what I did with my spec-v wheels :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Interesting.... I think I may have to look into doing this. The only problem I can see with mine is I'm guessing it would take FOREVER to do a good job of plastidipping my wheels?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, I would think less. Because you've got less surface to cover! When I get my grant money I'm doing it! ahhh, being a full-time student means you rarely have any money :(

Mary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts