Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was tired of my halogen headlamps and I wanted projectors. I heard about the "ebay" projectors and over time read iffy reviews. Then I thought about the JDM projectors but I didn't want to deal with wiring even though there is a how to.

SoOo....

I went online and found a company Lightwerkz.net that does custom projectors and after 22 emails back and forth this is the finished project.

Enjoy:

You can read more about it here: http://www.lightwerkz.net/news/?p=311

·
Registered
148 Posts
It doesn't list a price on there anywhere. Based on what their price list shows and the write-up saying how difficult it was to get them right, I'd say you spent upwards of $800 for the whole kit and labor?

They look great. I can't wait to see them on your car and how they function compared to my JDM Bi-Xenon projectors.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should get them maybe monday or tuesday. Then I'll find time to put them on and snap some pics for you guys.

This is something that won't be mass produced and will only be made upon serious request and can be customized as much as you want. Just contact Ceasar and he will make it happen.

Since these are custom made you do have to pay to play: $1300

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
i know a guy who owns a Yaris sedan and he installed projectors from a S2000 into his headlights... ill see if i can find a picture... i think you over payed for this whole setup, i have seen how to cut your headlights to black out the housing, why not black out the housing and install some projectors at the same time? just a thought... post pics already! lol

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
^^^ That would be great. I would do both at the same time but I tried opening the headlights and couldn't. I'd like to try it following the steps on NICO but opening them with a dremel would be dangerous.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
1300 is a lil steep for some headlights but they do look really good tho. To each it's own, that's what I always say.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
those look great but lil too much $$ for me. I def would have bought JDM projectors and spent $30 on a plug n play harness. Should have had them remove the amber reflector since they were already in the headlight.

Martin’s Nissan Versa FXR Projector Conversion
Posted on 12/30/2010 by Caesar

What can I say, these were a challenge. At first the OEM lights arrived and the lens would not budge no matter what we did. We had Martin order up a set of aftermarkets since we were all determined to get this done. The aftermarket lights came and looked promising, but it was also a less than favorable type of sealant. The lights were able to be opened but required the sealant to be removed and replaced with OEM Nissan Butyl sealer. We added screws to the side of the housings since the lights had no tabs or screws holding the lens tightly to the back housing.
I would not have been happy with this.

·
Banned
342 Posts
I am tearing my headlights apart, blacking out the whole thing and mounting some FX35 projectors in i have sitting around. Much cheaper if you have access to cheap/free projectors

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I am tearing my headlights apart, blacking out the whole thing and mounting some FX35 projectors in i have sitting around. Much cheaper if you have access to cheap/free projectors
Did you take a Versa headlight apart yet? I have heard several stories in including the one in this thread that they do not come apart. They need to be cut open and glued back together. It's not a matter of putting it in the oven like all other headlights. I wish you the best of luck though. I hope it works out for you and if it does make a howto for other people.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Well im grabbing a set from the wreckers for 200 bux. So I will see what happens. I haven't started yet, don't plan to for a few months still.. Too busy in the summer with my other toy. Big lifted jeep. Lots of offroad trips and fixing my junk after a heavy right foot breaks it

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i love my ebay projectors, i mean i did have to wait 6 months for the stupid LEDs to burn out at the top hahaha but they look way dope at night especially w the yellow fogs.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you guys don't really like the lil LEDs on top why don't you just get some eyelids to cover em? Plus it might add a more aggressive look to it, that actually sounds good, think I'm gonna try and do that if I ever get some lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.