Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2010 Nissan Versa hatchback. I had an oil change last week at 43,500 miles and the mechanic noticed grease on the axle from the CV boot leaking. I took the car to the Nissan dealership this morning. The good news is it was covered under the powertrain warranty. They are going to replace the interior and exterior CV boots. I was disappointed as other than new tires and windshield wipers, the car has been flawless. However, Nissan is taking good care of me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not exactly impressive to have the CV boots/alf shafts be replaced at only 43k miles. I am glad they are taking care of you though as that can be an expensive job through the dealership.

On a side note, some people spray the boots with a silicone spray to keep the rubber mousterized and soft which prevents the boots from drying out and cracking.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
wow I can't believe the boot was torn so soon.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
A firmer boot plus retorquing all the components including axle nuts could make it feel tighter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the tip. The car's history is that I bought it from Hertz rental car at 22,000 miles. Not sure if someone mistreated the car.
Probably not "some One", but "some many" potentially mistreated the car. Sometimes rental units can live a rough life. That does seem like a short service life for the cv boots. Fortunately the warranty took care of the damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.