Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any of the exhaust systems for the CVT?

I'd like to know if it sounds ridiculous or not since we aren't able to shift.. I have heard them on the manual trans but I just don't know how well it will sound on a CVT.. Don't wanna waste that much money lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about it.

I have some money saved up to buy some parts for the V. I am having a hard time trying to choose between certain things though. lol

How much does it usually cost to have an exhaust put in? I'v never done any mods to any car I have ever had except this one.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
its actually really simple to do yourself, all you will need is a flat level surface to work on, jack (hydraulic preferred) some jack stands, a few basic hand tools, some penetrating oil and possible a crowbar to remove rubber hangers... the rest should be covered with instructions that come with the kit... or you can take to a shop and be charged about $100 or so... depending on the shop...

·
Registered
927 Posts
like skunk mentioned all you need is the basic wd-40 "soak it for 12 hours it will sure loosen the rust :p" also dont forget to use a rubber mallet or hammer to tap the bolt a little to give it a little shake :p but only do it if needed the is bolt on :p after that... thats only for axle back but if you are purchasing a exhaust that needed to be welded it will cost you around 60-150 depending on the shop and if they need to expand the metal to fit the exhaust. Make sure you bring your car to a reputable welder and so they can do a proper weld and not to come back after a year because the exhaust is falling off lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
im saving for the DC exhaust, the second its on the shelf im buying that sucker ASAP. already got the cash. can't wait!!! i may have to take it to a muffler shop to get it slightly modified since i have a sedan, it may be just a few inches short.

im gonna see if someone wants to buy my older exhaust, any takers? $80 :-D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.