Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
Just wondering what your local Nissan dealership charges for a CVT flush for a 2012 sedan and what mileage you had it completed at? Mine recently changed ownership and when from $300 (absolutely insane) to $190 but ive got 52k miles on mine and need to get it done asap. I know flushes are gravy money but I still am struggling to come to terms with paying that amount since the OEM fluid runs like $60. Hopefully they will price match a dealer an hour away so I can save $30........

I'd do it myself but my Versa has a lifetime warranty on the powertrain but all scheduled maintenance must be completed by a ASE certified technician and I don't want to void that warranty since these CVTs have a lackluster history. I'm doing it at the stealership so the correct fluid will be used and if I ever have a warranty issue arise, it will be in their system instead of bringing proof from another independent place or whatnot.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey All!
Just wondering what your local Nissan dealership charges for a CVT flush for a 2012 sedan and what mileage you had it completed at? Mine recently changed ownership and when from $300 (absolutely insane) to $190 but ive got 52k miles on mine and need to get it done asap. I know flushes are gravy money but I still am struggling to come to terms with paying that amount since the OEM fluid runs like $60. Hopefully they will price match a dealer an hour away so I can save $30........

I'd do it myself but my Versa has a lifetime warranty on the powertrain but all scheduled maintenance must be completed by a ASE certified technician and I don't want to void that warranty since these CVTs have a lackluster history. I'm doing it at the stealership so the correct fluid will be used and if I ever have a warranty issue arise, it will be in their system instead of bringing proof from another independent place or whatnot.
Do yourself a favor, and get it done at your local dealer. Doing it yourself is NOT AN OPTION, it is an involved process, that requires specialized computers to insure that the proper amount of fluid is put in. If you have any problems in the future, you have DOCUMENTATION that you can show that all the necessary work was done by the dealership. Sometimes you have to just bite the bullet, and this is one of those times.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do yourself a favor, and get it done at your local dealer. Doing it yourself is NOT AN OPTION, it is an involved process, that requires specialized computers to insure that the proper amount of fluid is put in. If you have any problems in the future, you have DOCUMENTATION that you can show that all the necessary work was done by the dealership. Sometimes you have to just bite the bullet, and this is one of those times.
As I stated, that is why im having it done at the dealer.

It isn't impossible to do yourself and a drain and refill a few times would be beneficial in between a flush (if that is what Nissan actually does/recommends on these CVT's).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a coupon for another dealer within a short distance of 15% off any fluid exchange and local dealer went ahead and honored it, so the grand total was $180 with tax. Not thrilled but at least its good to go for another 50k miles, has oem fluid, and was completed before the schedule calls for it by about 8,000 miles.

Additionally the pads are shot and they wanted nearly $400 for rotors and pads! HAHAHAHA

With my coupon and SpeedPerks I got Carquest platinum rotors and Akebono ProACT Ceramic pads for $130 from Advance Auto which was on par with similar components from Rockauto.com. Rockauto did have some Powerslot drilled and slotted rotors for less than the CaqQuest ones I bought, but im still not sold on drilled rotors unless its from a company like Brembo or whatnot. Looks like I will be doing pads and rotors this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Good to hear. Even if you diy it you can go to mycarfax and enter the service record so if you resell your car or trade it it will show up when the vin is ran.

Yeah, brakes are easy. I find the brakes rather sharp on a few nissans I have driven, so I wont be doing the ceramic pads and slotted crossed drilled rotors like I do others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Pandemonium
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing