Nissan Versa Forums banner

CVT question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rand0m0sityxX 
#1 ·
This is a 'just wondering' question. Is the CVT tranny in the 2011 Versa HB the very same CVT found in the Rogue and Murano models? In other words, is the Versa's CVT identical to the one used with the 290HP engine - exclusive of software programming? Or, is it a 'lighter-duty' unit? ~ james

#2 ·
I don't believe thay are the same....the cvt in the versa is the same as the sentra I know that...the cvt in the ones you mention are probably bigger with a trans cooler and can handle more power...the cvt in the base sentra and versa can't really handle much at all.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I know the cvt in the SER is bigger than the base sentra with a trans cooler on it...now I have heard of a dude boosting his 3.5 altima coupe with the cvt but it could only handle like 5 pounds of boost before the tranny started acting up...but don't quote me on that. I do know it wasn't every much psi he was using

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
totally random but I got a tran cooler for my car not too long ago, and it has a Versa on the box! lol

But yea, there's different CVT's for the different models. Tho on the Versa one, if you wanted to, you can install a trans cooler, it'll help with the life of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.