Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 Versa Hatch. Have had it since Nov. 1st 2013. Sine then I have had a major problem happen multiple times. I will be driving down the road, most times it happens when I'm accelerating on the freeway onramp, and the car will shudder followed by the speedo dropping to zero. I have to pull over, turn it off and back on, at which point the speedo will function but cruise will not. I took it to the dealer yesterday 5/16 and after an hour they told me they will have to replace the transmission. Luckily I am only at 91000 miles of the 120,000 mile warranty so its covered. What surprised me was when the service tech told me that he had to "tweak the paperwork" because of my intake and exhaust mods. Someone mind explaining how a CAI and a catback exhaust void a transmission warranty? Other than that they were extremely nice, even set me up in a rental (2013 Hyundai Elantra) til they can finish it (was supposed to be done today but they broke their transmission rack). Figured I would post this in case anyone is having similar problems with their CVT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
I own a 2008 Versa Hatch. Have had it since Nov. 1st 2013. Sine then I have had a major problem happen multiple times. I will be driving down the road, most times it happens when I'm accelerating on the freeway onramp, and the car will shudder followed by the speedo dropping to zero. I have to pull over, turn it off and back on, at which point the speedo will function but cruise will not. I took it to the dealer yesterday 5/16 and after an hour they told me they will have to replace the transmission. Luckily I am only at 91000 miles of the 120,000 mile warranty so its covered. What surprised me was when the service tech told me that he had to "tweak the paperwork" because of my intake and exhaust mods. Someone mind explaining how a CAI and a catback exhaust void a transmission warranty? Other than that they were extremely nice, even set me up in a rental (2013 Hyundai Elantra) til they can finish it (was supposed to be done today but they broke their transmission rack). Figured I would post this in case anyone is having similar problems with their CVT.

shouldnt really have anything to do with your CVT failure as far as the aftermarket mods go, but alot of manufacturers are known to use things like that to try and void your warranty so they dont have to pay out for a repair. the dealer was basically doing you a favor by probably omitting that information from the warranty claim they have to send to Nissan so that way things will go more smoothly in getting you a new transmission and getting you taken care of, that is a good dealership you found right there :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is, and I was apprehensive in even using that dealer as I have had issues with their company before (they own a separate used lot that sold me a car that dropped the trans after 2 weeks). I do find it rather funny that they broke a transmission rack. In hindsight I should've asked to take my rims and tires home so I could paint them while they repair the car. Eh, all well. Hopefully this fixed both the speedometer problem and my fuel economy problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it back from the dealership this morning. Major difference. It now longer semi-stalls (big rpm drop) when it hits 20, the braking vibration above 40 is gone, and my tpms light is finally off. On top of that the dealer ever paid the Enterprise bill including the gas refill charge ($15 for 3 gallons). All together I got a new trans and a new radiator because as they were tightening the bolts on the transmission the wrech slipped and put a hole in the radiator.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nice to have your ride back!
Also, the dealership wants to get the work approved and paid by Nissan, jammy for them, jammy for you.
Congrats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.