Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance, I'm new to this and am not sure if this is were is should post this question but i need the help. I own a 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6l, Is anyone aware of a guide on how to replace the CVT in the 2013 Nissan Versa, or a video.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I apologize in advance, I'm new to this and am not sure if this is were is should post this question but i need the help. I own a 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6l, Is anyone aware of a guide on how to replace the CVT in the 2013 Nissan Versa, or a video.

You might take a look at the shop manual to get some idea what is entailed. I have not downloaded any of the manuals, so I don't know if there is a charge or not. The other thing to be aware of, is that some year models require a specific cvt transmission built for that year model. They are not all interchangeable across the years.

https://cardiagn.com/2007-2014-nissan-versa-factory-service-repair-manual-pdf/

·
Registered
244 Posts
You don't mention your mileage but Nissan extended the warranty on the CVT so before you get to carried away with buying one I would check with Nissan. Might save you some big bucks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
As another poster mentioned, see if your car is still under the power train warranty. I have a 2012 versa sedan, and my cvt transmission was replaced 2 days before my 60 months would have been up. The car only had 18,000 miles on it. My check engine light went on, and the car started bucking when at a stand still. Went to the dealer and they diagnosed it to be the central control valve in the tranny. They checked with Nissan, and they were directed to replace the entire transmission rather than try a repair the one in the car.

Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
They use to have FREE manuals online, but they have all been deleted. You can still subscribe to access to one online.

Its a big undertaking and if you are not experience at working on a car I would call around and get quotes from different transmission shops as the dealer would be the most expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts