Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know when I swapped in a new engine the whole harness unbuckled from 3 or 4 points under the hood and came out with the engine.
In theory one could get the harness and pcm's from the transmission donor vehicle and swap it all over but I can't say for sure it would be that easy.
I thought about doing this myself a couple months ago as I came across a nice sedan for cheap with a blown cvt..
Seeing as how the cvt's are super $$ and the 4 spds are cheap this was the route I was going to go.
Iirc there was a member on here that swapped a cvt for a 6 spd manual. I'd pick his brain as I belive swapping in a 4spd would be easier than the manual swap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know when I swapped in a new engine the whole harness unbuckled from 3 or 4 points under the hood and came out with the engine.
In theory one could get the harness and pcm's from the transmission donor vehicle and swap it all over but I can't say for sure it would be that easy.
I thought about doing this myself a couple months ago as I came across a nice sedan for cheap with a blown cvt..
Seeing as how the cvt's are super $$ and the 4 spds are cheap this was the route I was going to go.
Iirc there was a member on here that swapped a cvt for a 6 spd manual. I'd pick his brain as I belive swapping in a 4spd would be easier than the manual swap.
Does he have any problem with his car after the swap?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts