Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum and trying to learn hoe to use it. I have a 2014 versa s and at first start on a cold morning it sounds like a piece of metal bouncing around in the tranny housing. The noise stops as soon as I put it in gear. The noise is not engine related as it does not change from idle to revving. Thank you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Definitely not normal, but the CVT is full of fluid so it wouldn't have things banging around inside. Unless you've driven it a ton of miles, it should still be under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmm, that's weird because nothing should be moving around in the in the transmission when in park.

You sure your not hearing the timing chain, it's not uncommon for the chain to rattle a bit when cold and the noise go away when the engine warms up this is normal, my old Maxima did the same thing.

The timing chain rattle is more audible on the passenger side, it might sound like it's coming from the transmission housing because of the way the engine sits down low and back in the engine bay.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Nissan Versa Note 2015
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum and trying to learn hoe to use it. I have a 2014 versa s and at first start on a cold morning it sounds like a piece of metal bouncing around in the tranny housing. The noise stops as soon as I put it in gear. The noise is not engine related as it does not change from idle to revving. Thank you.
Was it the heat shield behind the muffler?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.