Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I brought my 2014 6 years ago with 21k 23k first cvt transmission was replaced with slow acceleration car has always been served at dealership 50k I had dealership check cvt transmission they said nothing wrong with it so now 124k just replaced cvt transmission $3200

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey all

I brought my 2014 6 years ago with 21k 23k first cvt transmission was replaced with slow acceleration car has always been served at dealership 50k I had dealership check cvt transmission they said nothing wrong with it so now 124k just replaced cvt transmission $3200
Welcome to the club........................Nissan's CVT transmissions are about the worst of any manufacturer, and aren't worth spit as far as reliability!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the club........................Nissan's CVT transmissions are about the worst of any manufacturer, and aren't worth spit as far as reliability!!!!
sadly I have to agree...I'm happy with my AT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey all

My 2 cents ;), file the $3200 under "what I saved buying a Versa instead of a Toyota or Honda, I have now spent, so I am even LOL". If the CVT fails again, sell the car, "AS IS" status. The class action lawsuit settlement is proof; it is NISSAN and not the DRIVER/OWNER. That said, impressive you got just over 100K miles on the 2nd CVT.

·
Registered
565 Posts
file the $3200 under "what I saved buying a Versa instead of a Toyota or Honda, I have now spent, so I am even LOL".
Strictly money wise, in this particular case you could be correct. However, you put zero value on the CVT related headaches for the owner, and therefore loss of the quality of life. Some people do value it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all

I bought a new 2018 with the newer transmission and it started shuddering 1,000 miles ago. I bought it thinking the transmission had been improved.
I called NISSAN CONSUMER AFFAIRS at 1 -800-NISSAN. They talked to the dealer and nothing has been done because it wouldn't act up on them but I now have a record that it's a POS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts