Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed today a weird vibration and sound (pretty subtle but noticeable) in the cabin (from outside with engine bay open sounds the same) when the car is stopped, foot on brake or e-brake on, while in D. If I put it in neutral it goes away.

Also I stepped on it a bit on my way home today and it was weird almost like a gear slip/skip, had like a lurch of power, then no power, then another lurch of power...strange for the CVT...I think maybe I just didn't have good traction on the ground.

Anyone experienced this ever? I think I need to get the CVT checked out, I've been meaning to do this.

Also, somewhat unrelated, does anyone else have a wicked noticeable vibration in their car when you activate electronics whilst standing still with the engine on and foot on the brake? At lights if I turn on the AC, or just the blower, or even roll the windows up and down I get this weird vibration.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I feel the same thing if I am at a stop, foot on the brake and push the windows up/down ...

Also if you feel the CVT slipping, Nissan told me it might need to be replaced. But the warranty on the CVT is amazing :D so you should get it checked out ... ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Should I get it checked out by Nissan?

EDIT: just called dealer to check on warranty, they are gonna call me back.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i just found out today there is a TSB for possible cvt surges on my Altima. Inquire specifically if there is one for the V.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nissan says it's under warranty. They also told me to come trade in my car lol. I will maybe use their wanting it as an excuse to test drive a Juke for fun while they work on it. Will take it into the dealer at some point. Our dealer is a GT-R dealer but I've never seen one there.

What's a TSB, a recall? I didn't get any notice and I think maybe they would've mention it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin, includes the symptoms, which conditions are present to authorize free repair, directions for fixing the problem, approximate time to do the repair, probably some other technical stuff. They're intended for the technicians fixing the car, not for us, but a tech geek wannabe like me...:D So it's not a recall, just an instructional bulletin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts